A fun, easy, and meaningful activity for Thanksgiving, for children and adults alike, is making a Thanksgiving tree. To start off, gather some art supplies such as construction paper, scissors, and tape/glue.
To make the tree trunk, one person should:
- Draw and cut out a tree trunk on a sheet of construction paper.
To make the leaves, each person should:
- Trace two hands on a sheet of construction paper.
- Cut out the hands.
- Write something that you are thankful for.
- Tape the hands (or leaves) to the tree trunk created in Step 1 above. To make it more of a family experience, each person take turns reading what they are thankful for before taping it to the tree trunk.
- Ta-da! You have your Thanksgiving tree. Display on your refrigerator, or on your front door, or use as centerpiece.